Fifteen years ago, men who were suffering from impotence received a beacon of hope in the form of a little blue pill.
What is ED drug?
The obligatory condition for the invention of ED drug is a PDE 5 inhibitors. Only with an enzyme inhibitor a medication can cure male impotence and provide the erectile stimulation. The PDE 5 inhibitors are the chemical elements which are created by the pharmaceutical corporations for ED treatment. They have the same principle of work but different time operating and onset of action. All PDE 5 inhibitors influence the male circulatory system by increasing the blood flow to certain parts of the penis. The increased blood circulation provides the muscles’ relaxation and awakes a stable erection in men if they are sexually aroused. LEARN MORE
Viagra currently holds 45% of the sexual dysfunction market share, with competitor Cialis in close second, according to industry researcher IMS Health. There were 8 million Viagra 100 mg USA prescriptions written in 2012 with total sales of about $2 billion.
Viagra is the first and most famous medication among ED-drugs nowadays. Millions of men around the world rely on it. Viagra restores potency in men who are not able to gain or maintain erection on the needed level. At the moment, this is the most effective drug for the prevention of the erectile dysfunction which helps in 100% of cases, during each use, regardless of the causes and severities of ED.
Brand Viagra is available in form of blue rhomboid shaped pills, which should be taken at least in 30-60 minutes before sexual intercourse with glass of water. Each tablet includes 50 or 100 mg of Sildenafil Citrate.
- Take Viagra by mouth with or without food. Viagra may not work as quickly if you take it with a high-fat meal. If you want to reach the maximum effect from medication, do not take it with fatty food or alcohol.
- Viagra is usually taken about 1 hour before sexual activity; however, it may be taken anywhere from 4 hours to a half hour before sexual activity. Talk with your doctor about the best way to take Viagra.
- Viagra can help you have an erection when sexual stimulation occurs. An erection will not occur just by taking a pill.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or take it more often than once daily, or as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Viagra and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor.
Do NOT use Viagra if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Viagra
- you have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems
- you are taking nitrates (eg, isosorbide, nitroglycerin) in any form (eg, tablet, capsule, patch, ointment) or nitroprusside
- you use certain recreational drugs called “poppers” (eg, amyl nitrate, butyl nitrate)
Common side effects persist or become bothersome: diarrhea; dizziness; flushing; headache; heartburn; mild, temporary vision changes (eg, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, blue/green color tint to vision); stuffy nose; upset stomach.